To Make Ostara Eggs
Boil a handful of an herb of flower until the water is well colored. Place the water into a heat-resistant cup or bowl. Stir in a teaspoon of vinegar and a pinch of salt and allow soaking.
For the colors use the following:
- Yellow – Carrots, white grape juice, turmeric, fenugreek
- Orange – Onion Skins, Madder Root, Cayenne
- Red – Red onion skins, madder root, cayenne
- Red-Violet – purple grape juice, red raspberries
- Green – Carrot tops, bracken
- Blue – Blueberries, Red Cabbage, Black raspberries
- Blue-Violet – Blackberries, Beet juice, Mulberries
- Pink – Heather
The meaning for the colors:
- White: Purity, birth, virginity, and ignorance.
- Yellow: Youth, light, purity, happiness an wisdom
- Red: passion, love, enthusiasm
- Orange: Endurance, strength, power
- Green: Renewal, freshness, hope, victory of life over death
- Brown: earth
- Blue: Sky, good health derived from air
- Purple: patience, trust and power
- Black: remembrance, eternity, constancy, death
Disclaimer: No one involved in this blog or its contents may be held responsible for any adverse reactions arising from following any of the instructions/recipes on this list. It is the reader’s personal responsibility to exercise all precautions and use his or her own discretion if following any instructions or advice from this blog.
Fair Use Notice: This page may contain copyrighted material the use of which has not been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. This website distributes this material without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in 17 U.S.C § 107.